MUSEUM

Museum of Jakobstad, Runeberg´s Cottage

The national poet of Finland, Johan Ludvig Runeberg (1804-77), spent the summers of his childhood in this hunting and fishing cottage built in 1811 by Runeberg´s father and uncle.

Ei Museokortti-museo

The national poet of Finland, Johan Ludvig Runeberg (1804-77), spent the summers of his childhood in this hunting and fishing cottage built in 1811 by Runeberg´s father and uncle.

Share this with your friends!

Print version

Museum contact details

Museum of Jakobstad, Runeberg´s Cottage
Itälä, 6 km keskustasta, campingalue Svanenin vieressä, 68500 Pietarsaari

Museum website

Admission fees

Ei Museokortti-museo

Opening hours

Mon Closed
Tue Closed
Wed Closed
Thu Closed
Fri Closed
Sat Closed
Sun Closed

Jun-Midsummer 12-16, Midsummer-Jul 12-18, Aug 12-16 and by appointment.

OTHER MUSEUMS NEARBY

  • Seinäjoki Art Hall
     
     

    Seinäjoki Art Hall

    Contemporary art, events and experiences at Seinäjoki art hall.

     
  • Museum of Southern Ostrobothnia
     
     

    Museum of Southern Ostrobothnia

    A museum area where a total of 18 old peasant buildings built between the 17th and 19th centuries have been...

     
  • Museum of Jakobstad, The Malm House
     
     

    Museum of Jakobstad, The Malm House

     
  • Museum of Jakobstad, The Tobaksmagasinet Exhibition Hall
     
     

    Museum of Jakobstad, The Tobaksmagasinet Exhibition Hall

     
  • Civil Guard and Lotta Svärd Museum
     
     

    Civil Guard and Lotta Svärd Museum

    The museum for voluntary national defense operates in a building designed by Alvar Aalto for the South...