SUMMER OFFER: Museum Card now only 68 (orig. 79)
Buy now
 
Exhibition
 Admission with Museum Card
 

The So-Called Commandant's house and the earlier homes of the museum

Loviisa Museum, Loviisa

  • 16.4.2024–9.3.2025

Loviisa Town Museum's exhibition introduces its viewers to the long history of the museum through four different buildings, where the museum used to be located.

 

Since 1904, our museum has operated in four different buildings in Loviisa: the town hall, Degerby House, Frenckell's house and the so-called Commandant's house. Each of these buildings have their own history, which are connected to noteworthy events in the history of the city.

Guests are also able to observe the different changes in museum work throughout the years, and see how the museum collections have been utilized in various exhibitions. For instance, guests are able to see what life at the museum was like for its first curator Jedvard Iverus, and find out how the museum collections were protected during the time of the Second World War.

The texts for the exhibition are written in Finnish, Swedish and English.

Welcome!

Share this with your friends!

  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • WhatsApp

Museum contact details

Loviisa Museum
Puistokatu 2, 07900 Loviisa

Museum website

Yhteydet julkisilla

Näytä reitti museolle Matkahuollon reittioppaassa

×

Katso reitti Matkahuollon reittioppaassa

Päämäärä:

Loviisa Museum, Puistokatu 2, 07900 Loviisa


Lähtöpiste:






Tai lataa Reitit ja Liput -sovellus

Admission fees

Admission with Museum Card
Admission with Museum Card

5 / 3 / 0

Payment methods

Kteinen, kortti, kulttuurisetelit (Smartum, Edenred ja Edenred-sovellus)

Opening hours

Mon Closed
Tue 11:00-17:00
Wed 11:00-17:00
Thu 11:00-17:00
Fri 11:00-17:00
Sat 11:00-17:00
Sun 11:00-17:00

Free entrance on Tuesdays.

Näyttelyn tekstit kielillä

 

OTHER MUSEUMS NEARBY