Tacita Dean (b. 1965) is currently one of the world’s most significant contemporary artists. Dean is known, in particular, for her 16mm films and working to protect photochemical film, as well as her arresting, large-sized chalk drawings on blackboards.
Besides her use of film, Dean uses several different mediums including drawing, photography, printmaking and found images in her work. She recently experimented with the traditional art genres, still life, landscape and portrait, in a trilogy of exhibitions in London as an idea of presenting her work. The exhibition is curated by the Museum Director Pilvi Kalhama and consists of central pieces spanning the artist’s career.
Share this with your friends!Print version
Museum contact details
EMMA - Espoo Museum of Modern Art
Ahertajantie 5, 02100 Espoo
043 827 0941
Näyttelykeskus WeeGee hyväksyy maksuvälineeksi Smartumin Kulttuurisetelit, Smartumin Saldo-kortin, Edenredin Virikesetelit, Ticket Mind&Body, Ticket Duo -kortit, ePassin ja Eazybreakin.
Free entrance on Fridays from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Extended opening hours on the first Friday of each month 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Information for open hours on public holidays on EMMA's webpage.
- Touch: Saastamoinen Foundation Art Collection Exhibition
- Bryk & Wirkkala visible storage
- Rut Bryk documentary and Mosaics of the Mind
- Michael Jackson: On the Wall
- Tatsuo Miyajima: Sky of Time
- Bárbara Wagner & Benjamin de Burca: Faz Que Vai
- Nastja Säde Rönkkö: for those yet to be
- Tacita Dean
- Michael Schilkin
- The Fine Arts Academy of Finland prize exhibition: Aaron Heino
- Elmgreen & Dragset