Savonlinna Provincial Museum
The Lake Saimaa Nature and Museum Centre is a charming meeting spot and exhibition site next to Olavinlinna castle, in the heart of Old Savonlinna.
The Lake Saimaa Nature and Museum Centre is a charming meeting spot and exhibition site next to Olavinlinna castle, in the heart of Old Savonlinna. While the museum building in Riihisaari is temporarily closed due to renovations (estimated to last until Spring 2021), all of the Centre’s services will move to temporary premises on Nälkälinnanmäki Hill with a fresh new look.
The Lake Saimaa Nature and Museum Centre contains the Savonlinna Regional Museum and exhibitions by Metsähallitus (the Finnish Forest Administration) as well as information on Lake Saimaa’s cultural and natural history. Be sure to visit our museum shop as well!
Thanks to a wide variety of non-permanent exhibitions and public events, we provide new things for our customers and see and do throughout the year. Free entry for minors under 18!
The Lake Saimaa Nature and Museum Centre also contains the Savonlinna region tourist information desk!
We accept the Finnish Museum Card.
Share this with your friends!
- ITE KARHU – Valokuvia ja veistoksia
- Ensio Onnukka: VÄRIÄ JA PIILOKONSTRUKTIOITA
- Joni Ahonen: KULTAINEN SILMÄ
- Asta Moro: POLUN VARRELTA – Akvarellimaalauksia
- Oili Mäki: KUN ELÄMÄ ANTOI MINULLE VÄRIT – Juhlanäyttely
- Kaija-Leena Hänninen: AKVARELLIEN UUSI ELÄMÄ
- LUE MINUT – Oodi kirjoille, tarinoille ja inspiroitumiselle