14.12.2018–17.3.2019 NÄYTTELY/TAPAHTUMA PÄÄTTYNYT
Collection exhibitions in museums are usually put together from a professional’s point of view. The works in this exhibition were selected with the aid of young visitors, who visited the museum throughout the autumn of 2018. The artworks are now presented with their insight and comments. Art can be delightful and invigorating. Sometimes it can be annoying, oppressive or even frightening. The exhibition is a journey from joy to gloom and from confusion to new revelations.
The Finnish Cultural Foundation’s, The Swedish Cultural Foundations`s and The Association of Finnish Children`s Cultural Center`s national Art Testers initiative takes students of the eighth grade on artistic field trips across the country. Before their visit to Aboa Vetus & Ars Nova, students took time to examine the museum’s art collection through photographs. Each group would then pick out two pieces that they liked the most. Over a thousand eighth graders visited the museum and came face to face with the art they had chosen. They had a chance to share their interpretations and further develop them through assignments they would complete after their visit.
Aboa Vetus & Ars Nova’s expanding art collection includes approximately 650 works of art from Finland and abroad. The collection is primarily focused on art made after the 1950s and in more recent years. The current exhibition includes works from artists such as Manuel Muñoz Ruiz, Timur Novikov, Ottmar Hörl, Alpo Jaakola, Teemu Mäki, Nanna Susi and Kain Tapper.
Share this with your friends!Print version
Voit ostaa Museokortin tästä museokohteesta tai verkosta
Museum contact details
Aboa Vetus & Ars Nova -museum
Itäinen Rantakatu 4-6, 20700 Turku
0207 181 640
Käteinen. Pankki- ja luottokortit. Maksuvälineenä käyvät myös Tyky-Kuntoseteli+, Tyky Online, Smartum Liikunta- ja kulttuuriseteli, Smartum Saldo, Ticket Virike, Virikeseteli, Edenred-kortti sekä ePassi Sportti & Kulttuuri.
Closed Jun 23.-25 and Dec 24-25.2017
- Aboa Vetus
- Bony Tales
- Päivikki Kallio: Scenes of Perception
- Sää ja mää – the Importance of Weather in the Past and Present; an exhibition around an environmental project
- Saara Ekström: Amnion
- Young Artist of the Year 2019: Nastja Säde Rönkkö
- The 95th Anniversary Exhibition of the Artists’ Association of Turku
- Hanneriina Moisseinen: DOCUMENT
Accessibility [the criteria]
- Accessible toilet
- Guided tours for special groups by request
- Restricted accessibility: Ars Novan voi pyörätuolilla kiertää kokonaan, mutta Aboa Vetuksesta pystyy katsomaan vain noin neljänneksen johtuen museon sijoittumisesta keskiaikaisten rakennusten keskelle.
- Tactile objects