13.9.2018–3.3.2019 NÄYTTELY/TAPAHTUMA PÄÄTTYNYT
Voit ostaa Museokortin tästä museokohteesta tai verkosta
Great feelings, passion and dramatic performances!
Throughout the centuries, painting and theatre have inspired each other. Both art forms portray and arouse feelings, expressing them through means such as expressions and poses.
Some visual artists have had extremely close relationships with the theatre world, as many of them have also designed theatre sets and painted portraits of well-known actors. Popular plays and fateful performances of their day have inspired artists as themes, while dramatic paintings of landscapes, storms and shipwrecks have served as models for many theatrical sets.
The exhibition Moved to Tears: Staging Emotions presents compositional methods derived from the theatrical world, dating back to the seventeenth century. The exhibition’s works demonstrate the powerful cultural impact that theatre has had on various genres of art throughout Europe. The exhibition ushers the viewer into a magical world of visual art and theatre. The exhibition is curated by French art historian Laura Gutman.
Share this with your friends!Print version
Free admission on the first Wednesday of the month at 5-8 pm.
- Luento 24.4. klo 18: J.J. Tikkanen ja keskiajan värit
- Musiikillinen tuokio 28.4. klo 15
- Luento 8.5. klo 18: Kullan kiehtova maailma mestarin työvälineenä
- MUTKU Studion avoimet taidepajat 11.5.
- Luento 15.5. klo 18: Sininen − kolmen historiallisen väriaineen värikästä historiaa
- 18.5. Kansainvälisenä museopäivänä -50% pääsylipuista
- Kulttuuritreffit 22.5.: Löydä kulta museosta
- Museossa juhlitaan Helsinki-päivää 12.6.
- Taiteiden yö 15.8.